Saturday, July 2, 2011

6 Months is Gone!

"Well, it's official, I'm now 1/4 of the way through my mission, super weird, slightly terrifying, and it kind of makes me want to throw up when I think about it. Luckily I still have a lot of time left, but I'm afraid before you know it I'll be home and it'll seem to you guys like I never left...

Anyways, update for the week.... We had no investigators at church again, which is always pretty depressing, but luckily some of that depression was taken away by the fact that one of our less active's we're working with came to church! We had an extremely spiritual lesson, and he showed up! While he only stayed for Sacrament meeting it was awesome to see him there! Other than that it's been pretty slow for the past few days...

There was one cool spiritual experience that I'll share though. One night I was ... a little frustrated with myself because I feel like I've been losing a lot of focus. I was praying to really know where I stand with the Lord and what it is He wants me to be doing, as well as if He's pleased with what I've been doing. The problem is I've felt rather inadequate recently, where I just haven't felt like I'm a good enough tool in the Lord's hands. Well, I was praying for some direction, an answer, and it came. The next day in District meeting we had an experience where we taught another missionary one on one just based off of what we felt like the spirit wanted us to say. My zone leader managed to nail it right on the head. He said exactly what I needed to hear. The Lord knows that right now I'm not a perfect tool, and he knows that I'm trying as well. Because of that He'll perfect me, and He'll use me to the best of my abilities wherever I am if I'm willing to work and put myself to the Lord. I just shouldn't be too worried about being the perfect missionary, just being as good as I can be with the knowledge and abilities I have right now. In other words "be content, but not satisfied" as my good old captain Jason Lynch says. So that was really cool, and much needed! I still have a ton to work on, but I feel like right now the Lord is pleased with what I'm doing, and he expects me to do better, which is how it should be!

Anyways, that's about it, a really slow week, and rather unfortunate that it's the last week of the transfer now. It goes by way too fast! There are some interesting rumors going on about transfers this next week as well, I'll be sure to let you know what happens. My personal theory, Elder Lee and I will both be staying in Olney. Oh, today we also went to the temple, always a wonderful experience! It's amazing the difference you can feel as soon as you enter the House of the Lord!"

"The baseball game was sweet, and the Nationals actually won which was cool! Haha, I'm still not a big fan of watching baseball, but it was fun to talk to everyone! And yeah we were all in white shirts and ties, haha we were all on the jumbo screen three times!"

"Anyways, that's about it, sorry it's so short, and possibly incoherent. We just played a bunch of basketball and we played king of the court and the team I was on was on the whole time, I'm slightly tired, haha but it was sweet! Anyways, keep it real! ;) The church is most definitely true, the priesthood is on the earth, and I have no doubt in my mind that Jesus is the Christ and that He directs this church and this work! If there's anything that I've been realizing more this week it would be the meaning of having an eye single to the glory of God. I'll try and remember to let you guys know my insights next week when I've had a little more time to think about it. Have a good week! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment