Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Well, this last week was transfers! Haha unfortunately it wasn't as exciting as it once used to be, still, it's cool to once again have a companion. Oh, that's right, I haven't told you all yet, my companion, Elder Sanchez was called as a new Assistant to President Matsumori! Haha, man, it was really hard to avoid telling him all about it for the entire transfer. I've known for quite awhile that he would be the next assistant. He'll do an awesome job and is one of the best missionaries I've ever known. That meant that I was stuck in a trio for the last week covering two areas and two wards! Haha needless to say it was yet again another stressful, tiring, and very rewarding week. We've seen tons of miracles in just the last week and it's exciting to once again see the Lord continue to pour out His blessings on the people that we teach. Man, I remember one missionary at the beginning of my mission that said to me that he just wasn't excited about baptisms anymore, that he'd seen too many and that it had just become routine. I made a promise to myself that that would never be me, and I'm glad to say that the Lord has been able to help me keep the wonder of the work that we do.
This Saturday was the baptism of Adam, and it was as always an extremely spiritual experience. It was incredible to see the depth of commitment and emotion that was in his face as he stepped into the fount. He almost started to cry as the prayer was said and he was baptized. It is just so incredible to see the lives of people change. I can truly testify that the greatest miracle is that of conversion. The fact that we can be changed to become like our Savior is a miracle beyond compare! Adam is well on his way to a long life as an active member of the church and it's incredible to see how he's changed from a boy to a man in just a few weeks. We've also had the opportunity to find and meet other prepared people. This weekend we received a call from one of our members saying that his son was back from college with his girlfriend that wanted to hear what we had to say. We taught her twice, once with a recent convert who bore his testimony on baptism, and as we talked about how the gospel brings happiness and peace to our families, the hope for an eternal family, and the blessing of a restart on life tears were brought to her eyes as she realized something that she had been missing in her life. It was just another incredible opportunity to see the spirit touch someone's life when they just never had the chance to feel it before. Man, I love the Gospel.... I just love seeing people change and seeing the way they light up as they feel the spirit and as they realize what the Gospel means for them. In the other ward we taught a lady from Australia that felt the spirit so powerfully when the first vision was told that she asked it be told again because she said it just filled her up and just let her feel of God's love for her. This is the work of the Lord and I don't think that for as long as I live anyone or anything will be able to convince me otherwise. We've had a bunch of other miracles as well in just the last week, and I'm sure there are many more to come, but I don't want to overload you guys too much! Lets just say I'm beyond grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment