Sunday, April 8, 2012

Conference

It was probably one of the best conferences I've been to, probably since I'm a missionary and because I felt like I prepared a lot more for this conference than for any other conference. I went with some very specific questions that I wanted answered and I started and ended each session with a prayer. It was a really incredible experience of receiving personal revelation, and literally every question that I had was answered! It was incredible and I really was able to learn a lot from the spirit. I had the goal this time to not take notes on what they said but what I felt from what they said and it was really cool. Needless to say they truly are inspired of God, Prophets and Apostles on the earth today! Unfortunately, just like it happened with Jessica, Satan seems to work especially hard on conference time to place obstacles in the paths of our investigators and not a single one came to conference. Hopefully we'll still be able to help our investigators watch it to receive some personal revelation. In other news the training went well, and hopefully was what the Lord wanted said. It's definitely a practice in humility to seek the Lord's will as we prepare training, but it's been a very incredible experience to learn how to receive revelation and seek the will of the Lord. Our last week was fairly difficult in terms of teaching though, our investigators have very limited schedules so it's difficult for us to teach very many of them, so like Jessica we are also trying to find more of those elect by working with our members. Our members are having really cool missionary experiences though which will hopefully bear fruit soon! Haha though we are still doing good missionary work. As Dad said I've been able to change my attitude on what is "real" missionary work, and I've realized more than anything the mission is about other missionaries, at least in cases where we serve as leaders. Our mission becomes very focused on helping other missionaries learn to trust in God and truly become converted. In the process the other miracles seem to follow as they see success in their areas as well. It's something I've been thinking a lot about it actually, the difference between being a selfish and a selfless missionary. I think it's very easy for us to fall into selfishness, especially since we could easily think we're being selfless having "sacrificed so much" to come out on the mission. But it's a disturbing trend that I sometimes see in myself or just throughout the mission, that it's a little too easy to become selfish about the work we do, haha something you'd think would be impossible, but is not. Still, it's been a good week of just reevaluating myself, and it's been difficult. Our zone has been struggling a little bit, in part because of those trends, and sometimes, pridefully, I think that that failure has a lot to do with myself as one of their leaders. Things haven't been quite as good since Elder Salazar left, and as the "Senior" Zone Leader I can definitely feel the pressure, and it's been humbling. We truly can do nothing without the Lord. Still, things seem to be going well, I just hope we can accomplish the Lord's will this transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment